An ultimate time management guide for Mom-Entrepreneurs
It goes without saying that being a mom is tough and what is even tougher is to be a “Mom-Entrepreneurs”. Juggling between a life that you are willing to build and a life that needs your nurturing can go haywire at times. But there should be nothing that stops you from demanding the best for you, isn’t it? A little bit of time management can help you balance your work and family with an ease. Here are few time management skills that you can put to use if you are an entrepreneur and a mom!
- Time boxing: Allocate minutes to the task and finish it within the time frame. You can do it manually by sticking to your to do list with specified time or make use of the stopwatch in your smartphone. The idea is to break your day in small chunks and keeping you bounded to the time. This will help you avoid feeling overwhelmed with work and won’t leave any room for procrastination.
- Batch your tasks: It is pretty exhausting to do ten tasks in a row that do not relate to each other at all. So, batch the tasks and keep the similar ones together. For example, when you are reverting emails you can revert your cell phone text messages and check letters in the mailbox as well. All these tasks need the same part of your brain working which will make it less exhausting. This will leave you with more time and energy to work
- Boundaries: Whenever it’s a playtime with your kid, you need to draw boundaries to work. Being a mom entrepreneur, there are times when these boundaries may be blurred but reminding yourself again and again about the importance of relaxation is important. So, whenever it is the time to ply, make sure you do.
- Run on a scheduler: Keep a scheduler handy and put everything in it. Writing down things would help you not stress on memorizing things. This will keep you more focused. Invest in a good scheduler & write down all the appointments, meetings, schedules, notes and so on in it. While you juggle between two lives the scheduler can always help you out.
- Take help: It could be asking a family member to take care of your kid or a babysitter – don’t refrain from taking help. At times these helping hands is all that you need to have some breathing space around you in the schedule.
Lastly, do take care of yourself. As an entrepreneur and as a mom, you may do thousands of things but as an individual your most important duty is to take care of yourself. Do not skip meals or delay in eating. Pamper yourself more often and do everything in your power that offers you peace and harmony. We wish you all the very best!