Things You Need To Know Before You Go For Dubai Freelance Visa
Dubai Freelance Visa: There are some people who like to be their own boss which means that there are some people who cannot work under anyone and they like to work on whatever they can or want and such people are called Freelancers and their work is calling Freelancing. We all have been hearing this word a lot recently and the number of freelancers is increasing in every part of the world. Different stats say that the maximum numbers of freelancers are in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. And there are many benefits of being a freelancer in Dubai.
Benefits of Doing Freelance Work in Dubai
Other than being a freelancer in Dubai, doing freelance work has its own kind of benefits like flexibility, no boss, work any time, work on anything, no office and much more. But the benefit of being a freelancer in Dubai has much bigger benefits like;
- You can work on your personal projects as well.
- You can undertake different jobs in one day.
- You will have a chance to work for big companies and make much money while giving limited time to them.
If we started to state all the benefits of being a freelancer in Dubai then we would get off the track from the topic. So, if you are thinking to become a freelancer in Dubai then you have to get a freelance visa and a freelance license. But other than getting a visa and a license, you must know the rules, regulations and laws of being a freelancer and doing freelance work in Dubai.
Rules of Freelancing in Dubai
- Get an Official License: this is the main and the foremost thing that you have to do. There are some people who are okay with non-licensed freelancers but there are some people who do not operate without rules because they can face different fines from the law which can result in loss and loss of reputation. And you will have more chances of getting more freelance work if you have a license.
- DED: this is the abbreviation of Department of Economic Development and you can also get a freelance visa from here.
- Freezones: people from all around the world come to do business in United Arab Emirates because of its Freezones and you can get a freelance visa from any of the zones from any of the emirates of the country.
- Pay All the Fees: to get a freelance visa and a freelance license, you have to pay all the required fees, and the cheapest freelance visa and freelance license can be obtained from Freezones.
- Work Permit or Residence Visa is Required: this means that no matter how many strings you have to pull, you still have to have a work permit or a residence visa to get a freelance visa.
- You can opt for a Temporary Work Permit: this can be obtained from the Ministry of labor since you will be needing a work permit to work as a freelancer if you are on a residence visa, husband, father or mother sponsorship. But you have to be employed by a mainland company for more than six months.
- Part Time Work Permit: if you need a side job, then you can request a part time work permit from a company that you wish to work with and you will need a NOC (No Objection Certificate) from your current sponsor. You can also get this permit from Ministry of Labor but with the approval from your current employer.
- Never Work for Less Money: freelancers have a reputation of working on less money and that is a fact as well and that is a fact as well, some actually work on very less money to gain maximum clients but you must never lower your rates a lot that your worth is minimized as well. You can negotiate though.
- Never Work for More than Maximum Hours: again, freelancers also have a reputation of working for more than regular office hours. Since people know that most freelancers work from home and most work at any time that like and that is why some people have a misconception that working for more hours is easy for them. And you can be the one who can end this thinking and misconception for good.
- Always Ask for a Down Payment: yet again, there is a reputation for freelancers that they take away your money and they don’t work. But you can show them your license and provide them with some authentic client’s numbers (with the consent of the client) and they can have some kind of assurance. And when this will happen, any new client will happily give you token money or you can say down payment.
- Prepare Your Portfolio: if it is your first time being a freelancer then you highlight your skills in a very unique way and if you are a pro freelancer then you should add everything that you have done so for and the details of the companies that you have worked from up till date.
- No Illegal Work: this law is even applied on any kind of visa but there are some very strict rules for freelancers who are caught doing illegal things and some freelancers who are actually caught, they have been blacklisted from United Arab Emirates for good.
- Processing Days: yearly, many people get scammed who say that you can get a freelance visa in 2 or 3 days whereas, even on the official websites, it is clearly stated that it can or it may take at least 12 to 15 days for processing your freelance visa. You can say that it is one of the rules since it is a processing time that is given by the Ministry of Labor.
There are more than many professions in Dubai for freelancers. Please remember that you will have to work for less in the beginning but your skills and capabilities also matter a lot and the scope of being a freelancer in Dubai is getting worthier with each passing day. Since there are less jobs due to COVID-19, it is high time that you apply for a freelance visa in Dubai while keeping the rules in view as well that are mentioned above. Happy Freelancing!