How to look smart on a Zoom Call
As we adapt to the new normal and our working population begins to work from home, a couple of things has become a part and parcel of working from home. One of them being the zoom call sessions. As virtual meets replaced the meetings, it has become important that one looks presentable whether it is on the camera or off the camera. Therefore, here we are with a list of tips that can definitely help you look good on a zoom call.
- Invest in a good light: One may not always afford a well light area but investing in a small light can help have that instant radiance on your face. On the call, it will make your face look active and bright which helps in setting a positive impression.
- Dress up: Working from home may come up with the work of wearing whatever you feel like but, do not repeat this on a zoom call. Putting a little effort into dressing appropriately even on a zoom call is vital. Keep a couple of formals handy and slip into them every time a zoom meeting is scheduled.
- Keep the screen clean: Smartness is not merely the looks! If you are going to present your screen, make sure that your screen is clean with just one tab open. Prefer incognito mode. A clean screen always sets an example of disciple and etiquette.
- Keep the background clear: You may think that who is going to notice the background but piles of clothes or a disorganized room are not something that the client wants to remember you for. Try to keep the background as clean as you can.
- Pets and children: If you have the privilege to lock yourself in the room during a zoom call please do it. Letting your kids do the cameo at times is okay but setting up the entire conversation around them or letting the distract you isn’t something that you should do.
- Do a practice call: if you are new to this, take your colleague on a test call. Use it as an opportunity to check whether the audio and video is fine. At times simple glitches or lack of technical skills tend to ruin the call. A practice beforehand can help you avoid it.
Treating zoom meetings just like a physical meeting can help you prepare well. Do not take your zoom meetups lightly as they are the part of our professional lives now. Hope these points help you with your next video meeting on zoom or another app.