How to stay positive amidst the present Health Crisis?
The current situation demands a different kind of mental peace. Each day, coming across news of people dying or falling sick is jarring. While the whole situation is relatively new to us, we are still getting accustomed to the new normal. Right from working from home to checking up your immune system – everything has changed, and it is normal to feel anxious or nervous in times like these.
Here we have compiled a list of 6 ways to remain positive during the present health crises.
- Don’t bottle up: Whether you feel afraid, anxious, or nervous – do not bottle it up. Talk it out to people and do not penalize yourself for feeling it. It is okay to get through a series of negative emotions in times like these. Remember, the pandemic is very real and everything that you are feeling is real. So, it’s okay.
- Hobby: Going back to your old hobby to acquiring a new one is the best way to spend your time. In the times like these, distractions are important. You can opt for painting or gardening or actually anything that you always wanted to do. Use this time to grow.
- Distant from chaos: Since a lot of us are home, it is normal to spend our precious time in scrolling social media. Avoid doing that. Fix up time for yourself and decide some time off for you. Logging out for a few hours and keeping away from phone can give you mental peace that you are looking for.
- Meditate: A lot of us are working from home which is eventually blurring the lines between the work environment and home environment, Fix up a schedule for yourself. Meditating daily for at least 10 minutes alongside minor exercising will ensure that you mind, and body is healthy and fit.
- Reach out: Reach out to people and reconnect with them. This is the time when we need each other more than ever. Once a week make it a point to have a chit chat with someone. Since the lockdown people might start feeling isolated and getting in touch with them is one of the ways to make them feel better.
- Music: Music is therapeutic. Whether you are working or simply chilling at home, switch off a little from social media and all the chaos and switch on some music. It could the beats you want to dance on or something soothing – go on play it every now and then.
Hope these tips will help you out. Remember, if nothing works you can always consult an expert and take guidance from him/her.